Why support FondaMental
There is a dramatic shortfall in research and knowledge of mental illness in France.
This situation has far-reaching effects on the patients, their families and society at large:
• delays in diagnosis (up to 10 years);
• inappropriate and costly medical care;
• enormous suffering for people with mental illness.
As a benefactor you can help change this situation.
FondaMental foundation associates teams of excellence to reduce mental illness
The FondaMental foundation network is the meeting point of all disciplines (psychiatry, genetics, neuroscience, health economics etc.) and brings together national and international clinicians and researchers.
The objectives of the Foundation are to:
• better understand mental illness;
• improve diagnosis and prognosis;
• promote innovative therapies for an improved quality of life for patients.
FondaMental foundation is active on all fronts.
Apart from research, FondaMental foundation plays a significant role in:
• sharing and disseminating best practices in health care;
• improving and promoting therapies complementary to medication
• raising awareness of public authorities to improve mental health policy;
• fighting prejudice, stigmatisation and exclusion that patients and their families are subjected to.
Fondation FondaMental is devoted to financial transparency
Your support is evidence of the confidence you place in our foundation. In return we watch over the transparency of our accounts and the proper use of your donations.