A bequest is the testamentary disposition by which all or a part of assets are transferred upon the death of the testator. In certain countries the law grants a compulsory share of the inheritance to close family members: the remainder however may be bequeathed to Fondation FondaMental and thus contribute to stemming the tide of mental illness.
There are different types of bequests:
• Universal bequest: comprises the total estate
• Residual bequest: a donation of part of your estate (half, one third…) or a category of belongings (cultural property or real estate).
• Specific bequest: a specific donation (a sum of money, an apartment, jewelry or cultural property…).
There are two types of wills to bequeath your assets:
• A holograph will: is handwritten, dated and signed by the testator. It is preferable that it be registered with a notary
• An oral or nuncupative will: is dictated to the notary in the presence of two witnesses or another notary.
Chief, Communication and Fundraising
Department of Psychiatry
Hôpital A. Chenevier
40 rue de Mesly
Tel: +33 (0)1 49 81 34 31 or +33 (0)6 88 62 44 00